Using Your Primary Care Provider
After you have chosen your Primary Care Provider, you must call the PCP office first when you need care.
When you make an appointment
- Have your enrollee ID card and be ready to take notes
- Call your PCP's office. You can find the phone number on the front of your Enrollee ID card or in the CareFirst CHPDC Provider Directory
- Tell the office person that you are a CareFirst CHPDC Enrollee and that you want to make an appointment with your Doctor.
- Write down the date and time of the appointment
- Always take a list of any medications you are taking, including over-the-counter drugs.
If your PCPs office is closed
If you cannot wait until the office is open, call the DR. office on the front of your ID card and leave a message with the person that answers. You can also always speak to a nurse at the Nurse Call Line at (855) 872-1852 (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
When Traveling Out of Town
With our Alliance program you are not covered for services outside of the DC area.